- 2-4 eggs
- salt and pepper , to taste
- 1-2 Tablespoons (15-30 g) butter
- 2 slices bread
- 1-2 slices cheese or 1/4-1/2 cup of shredded cheese (sharp cheddar works nicely)
- crispy cooked bacon, optional
- sauces for serving, e.g., hot sauce, ketchup, etc., optional
- [Optional] Toast one side of slices of bread with butter to get golden brown.
- Beat eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Pour the beaten egg into the skillet. Swirl around to make sure it covers the base of the pan and forms a circle. Allow the egg to slightly cook around the edges.
- When the edges have just started to firm and the center is wet, place two pieces of bread side-by-side in the center. If you did the optional first step, put the toasted side down (toward the eggs).
- Nudge the edges of the egg to release from the pan. Once the eggs are set, flip the eggs and bread all together so that the bread is now on the bottom.
- Add any toppings you like (bacon, cheese, hot sauce). Fold the sandwich over and cook until the bread is golden brown. Repeat for the other side.
- Eat immediately.
Credit to BestRecipeBox.com for the original recipe
Hi there and thanks for reading! My name's Stephen. I live in Chicago with my wife, Kate, and dog, Finn. Want more? See about and get in touch!